Answered By: Jackie Stevens Last Updated: Sep 11, 2017 Views: 1364
There may be a number of reasons why, if you have had the Cite While You Write (CWYW) add-in showing in Word previously, it may have dropped off.
To re-instate the EndNote tab in Word on Windows devices, please follow the instructions below in the first instance:
- In Word, click the File tab and choose Options.
- Select Add-Ins from the left hand menu.
- Under the heading Active Application Add-ins, check whether you have the EndNote Cite While You Write COM Add-in (see the Type column).
- If it is not listed, then go down to the bottom of the window to the Manage drop-down list.
- With COM Add-ins showing, click Go...
- If CWYW is installed, then EndNote Cite While You Write will appear as one of the add-ins available. Make sure the box beside it is ticked, then click OK.
- The EndNote ribbon should appear immediately in Word.
To re-instate EndNote X8 in Word on Macs, please see the links below.
If this does not fix the issue, please refer to the Cite While You Write FAQs page from the EndNote website (linked below) - scroll down to find the answer that fits your versions of Word and EndNote.