How do I save records in FiNDit to export to EndNote?
To export a batch of records:
- Select the references you wish to export by clicking on the pin icon (labelled Add this item) on the right side of an individual record's box.
- The pin in the top right corner of the FiNDit window animates, the pin icon in the record now appears with a cross through it, and the entire item record changes to yellow.
- When you have saved all the items needed to export, go to the pin icon in the top right of the window (label: Go to my favourites)
- The list of saved results show in the new window - select the items to export to EndNote by clicking the box on the top left of the list to choose all the records, or check individual boxes.
- When you have the required items checked, click on the ellipsis (three dots) beside My Favourites at the top of the list.
- From the pop up box, choose EndNote RIS, and then click DOWNLOAD.
Once you have selected your reference(s) for export by either of the methods above and they have downloaded to your browser (see additional note* below):
- Ensure that your EndNote Library is open.
- Select Open in the browser download.
- The references will import into your EndNote Library and show as Imported References.
*Different browsers download files differently. The following instructions are for Windows devices:
- Google Chrome - the download button will show at the bottom left of the window. Click the arrow and select Open.
- Mozilla Firefox - the download button is located at the top right of the window (see the icon with a down arrow).
- Click on 'Export As' and select 'EndNote' from the drop down menu
- If you are asked whether you wish to open or save the export.ris file, select Open
- Microsoft Edge - the download message appears at the bottom centre of the window. Click Open.
- Safari - Safari is incompatible with EndNote. Please choose an alternative browser from those listed above.