Answered By: Jeannine McCartney-Johnson Last Updated: Mar 18, 2022 Views: 24
- Register and get started – for new users.
- Login for existing user.
The first-time user who wishes to register an account – please be advised to use only your University of Notre Dame email address as a personal private email (eg: gmail, hotmail etc.) will not be validated for access.
Once you have finished with the details for your account, you will receive an
email to validate your account.
Kindly check your mailbox. If you do not receive an email from VitalSource,
you are advised to check your Junk Mail.
Activate your account using the link given inside that email.
Once signed in to your Bookshelf account, you now have full access to your Bookshelf Library.
Click 'Explore' to view all the eBooks that are under the Library's subscription. User can use the search engine to search for titles (more tips on keywords and phrase). Click ‘Borrow’ and the eBook availability and details will appear on your right screen.
NOTE : VitalSource ebooks have access for 1 User - if the book is being used you will see a "not available" message.
To make sure you get what you need and enable others to access VitalSource ebooks we recommend you follow these steps:
- Open/borrow the eBook
- Print the required pages
- Return the book by:
- clicking the back to library (left pointing arrow) in the top left
- selecting return next to the book cover image
- Click ‘Borrow’ to activate the eBook to your Library.
Open and Read your eBook.
Borrowed eBook(s) is now available in your Library.
View your eBook.
- The ebook cover will be displayed, indicating that the eBook is now ready for you to read.
For eBooks with several chapters, scroll down to view the Table of Contents.
Click on the link to any of the preferred chapter(s).
Navigate through pages in the online viewer by clicking the wide arrow icons that
appear at the top and bottom or left and right of the page, as shown below:
If you know the page that you need, type it into the page entry field on the bottom left. You can bookmark a page and return to it later using the bookmark feature. You can also move the scrapper bar back and forth to navigate the page.
- Your eBook will automatically expire in 24 hours
Please return the eBook before the access expires to free up the
borrowing for other users by clicking on the ‘Return’ button at your ‘Library’.
You can use the navigation bar on the left side of the page to navigate your Bookshelf account.
(1) Home icon will take you back to your Library.
(2) Table of Contents icon will show you a list of chapters to navigate your eBook.
(3) Search icon will let you search a term in the entire eBook content.
(4) Notebook icon will display notes you have taken in your eBook so far, which can be done by highlighting text passages with your mouse and adding notes. Select the chapters you want to review, then click Start Review.
(5) Figures icon shows you the content of the figure in the eBook.
(6) Flashcard icon allows you to create your flashcards by highlight a word or sentence and add to the flashcard. More details on flashcard.