Answered By: Stephen McVey Last Updated: Jun 21, 2020 Views: 151
The University uses a standard Minimum Presence template for all Blackboard courses. The minimum presence template describes the way in which the Blackboard site will be used for teaching purposes. However the instructors can add to this Menu with further items, but the minimum items MUST stay in place. The minimum items are:
- Announcements: This section is the entry portal where a welcome message and a Unit Banner and colours can set the tone for the semester. It is used to email enrolled students and to post important unit information, updates and reminders. Announcements can be used for ongoing, week-byweek class management.
- Staff Contact: This Tool is for staff profiles and contacts
- Course Outline: The course outline should be uploaded here.
- Learning Materials: : Learning content, lectures, resources and activities are uploaded here.
- Assessment: Information regarding assessment and marking criteria and links to online assessment submissions (including Turnitin) and tests and quizzes should be uploaded here.
- My Grades: This Tool provides students with marks and feedback on tests and graded assignments
- Discussion Board: This Tool will enable you to provide students with feedback and allows students to collaborate with one another. Staff can add or remove student forums and activate the RSS feed for subscription.
- Blackboard Collaborate: This is a real-time video conferencing tool that lets you add files, share applications and use a virtual whiteboard to interact; the session can be recorded so that the students who could not attend are able to watch later.
- Blackboard User Guide: This area contains a searchable electronic document where students can learn more about the tools and functions of Blackboard.
A variety of Blackboard-related guides with step by step instructions, written both for staff and students, are available on the Learning and Teaching Office's -Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) webpage.