Answered By: Patricia Farnan Last Updated: Jul 05, 2018 Views: 6
- From the Firefox browser, open the History Manager by pressing <Control><Shift> H.
- In the search bar, enterthe word "hip" to search for the Library catalogue site
- You should see "Horizon Information Portal" show up, possibly more than once - right click on one of the listings and select Forget About This Site. This should remove all information, including any passwords / settings.
- Close the browser and reopen it and see if you can access the library catalogue now.
Note: These instructions may also be used if you are having trouble accessing a certain database and getting a similar "forbidden" message. You would simply need to type in the name of the database, e.g. "scopus", rather than "hip", at step 2.
If you are having trouble accessing the library catalogue/My Account using Safari (e.g. you get a message similar to "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access / on this server."), please try the following steps:
Go to the library catalogue (where you see the forbidden message) and have a look at the following settings:
- In the Safari menu click "Settings for This Website"
- Check that the "Enable content blockers" box is not ticked - if it is, please try unticking it
- Close Safari and reopen it, and try to get to the library catalogue again
- In the Safari menu, choose Preferences
- Click on the Privacy tab, then Manage Website Data
- In the Search field on the top right, type "hip", and see if a URL containing "hip.nd.edu.au" appears
- If it does, highlight it in the list and click "Remove" to remove it.
Note: These instructions may also be used if you are having trouble accessing a certain database and getting a similar "forbidden" message. You would simply need to type in the name of the database, e.g. "scopus", rather than "hip", at step 3.
Having problems with a different browser? If you are having problems accessing the catalogue/My Account with a browser other than Firefox or Safari, please send us an email at email@example.com with details of the problem, including screenshots.