Answered By: Jackie Stevens Last Updated: Sep 11, 2017 Views: 140
Kanopy is a streaming video database. The University Library purchases access to individual video titles.
Before you can create a clip, you first need to register and create an individual user account.
Once you have logged in under your account, you can create a clip in Kanopy:
- Select the video from which you would like to make a clip
- Click the '+Create Clip/Playlist' option underneath the video
- Either 'Create a new playlist' or within an existing Playlist, click 'Add video'
- Now click 'Edit playlist'
- In the Editing a Playlist screen, click 'Edit' for the video for which you would like to create a clip
- In the Clip creation page, set the start and stop times, then save the clip. Click 'Save Changes' at the bottom of the screen before you move on
- To view the clip you have created, choose the appropriate playlist title. The clips (or saved full videos) will appear in a column to the right of the video. Click on the clip title to play.
To share the link to the clip, click 'Share/Embed' when you are viewing the clip, and copy the link provided or click the button under the Social Media options.