Answered By: Anne Greenshields Last Updated: Sep 11, 2017 Views: 111
When you have been asked to explain the importance and implications of an Australian legal case you need to:
- Find the case in a report series. Use either:
- Westlaw AU
- LexisNexis AU.
- Laws of Australia on Westlaw AU
- Halsburys Laws of Australia on LexisNexis AU.
- In LexisNexis AU or Westlaw AU, search for the case and articles discussing the case.
- Search Summon for the case citation - it includes many, but not all, legal journals.
Note: Do not stop at the overview/encyclopedia stage. To adequately analyse a case you need to look at journal articles that discuss it.