Answered By: Stephen McVey Last Updated: Sep 11, 2017 Views: 123
The University uses a standard 'Minimum Presence' template for all Blackboard units. The minimum presnce template describes the way in which the Blackboard site will be used for teaching purposes. However the instructors can add to this Menu with further items, but the minimum items MUST stay in place. The minimum items are:
- Announcements: This section is the entry portal where a welcome message and a Unit Banner and colours can set the tone for the semester. It is used to post important Unit information, updates and reminders
- Unit Outline: This area is for the upload of the Unit Outline and any revisions – it will provide an area where future electronic upload of Unit information can be accessed
- Staff Contact: This Tool is for staff profiles and contacts
- Learning Materials: This area is for learning content, lectures, resources and activities
- Discussion Board: This Tool will enable student feedback and a learning collaboration- staff can add or remove student forums.
- Assessment: This area is to provide ongoing information on assessment items and marking criteria and links to online assessment submissions and tests and quizzes
- My Grades: This Tool provides students with marks and feedback on tests and graded assignments
- Blackboard User Guide: This area will contain a searchable electronic document for students on the tools and functions of Blackboard.