Answered By: Ali Nearn Last Updated: Sep 21, 2018 Views: 4132
The Informit suite of databases provide access to Australian scholarly research across all disciplines, as well as indexes and directories of Australian organisations and services and digitised videos of content from free-to-air Australian news & current affairs programs.
The core collection includes:
- TVNews - Provides access to digitised videos of news items, current affairs stories & documentaries from 53 free-to-air programs broadcast on Australian televsion networks. Each story is indexed with a detailed synopsis.
- Business Collection - Covers all broad business fields, including accounting, career development, commercial law, commodities, corporate governance, e-business, economics, employment, human resources, labour, management, marketing, occupational health, taxation, and unions.
- Health Collection - Content includes research articles, reports and case studies of practical support to anyone studying or working in therapeutic, diagnostic and preventative health roles.
- Humanities & Social Sciences Collection: Covers agriculture, arts, asian studies, business, cultural studies, education, health, medicine, history, indigenous studies, law, media, political science, reference, social sciences, science and technology.
- A+ Education - Covers curriculum, educational research, information science, librarianship, management, policy administration, psychology, sociology, teaching and training. It is produced by the Cunningham Library at the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER).
- AGIS Plus Text - Covers all aspects of law, and is produced by the AGIS Section of the Lionel Murphy Library, Commonwealth Attorney-General 's Department in Canberra.
- Australian Public Affairs - Full Text (APA-FT): Covers current affairs, economics, humanities, law, literature, politics and social sciences and is produced by the National Library of Australia.
Click on the link below here to view the enitre collection.
You can also go to the Help and FAQ page for tutorials and guides on using Informit, including information on:
- Basic searching
- Creating email alerts
- Exporting citations
- Browsing publications
- Getting started with TVNews.