Answered By: Patricia Farnan Last Updated: Sep 11, 2017 Views: 393
The Open Reserve consists of books which are prescribed readings, i.e. essential and recommended material required for a unit. In the catalogue, the locations of such items is shown as Open Reserve (RESERVE).
Items in Open Reserve have fewer restrictions than items in Closed Reserve.
Open Reserve items:
- Can be used within the Library without time restrictions
- May be checked out for two hours
- Are available for overnight loan.
A library card or ID is required to borrow Reserve items, which must be returned to the Information Desk of the respective library (and not in the return chute). Reserve items which are returned late will incur fines of $2 per hour, per item.
Overnight loans are permitted as follows:
- Borrow 2 hours before library closing time
- Return within the first hour of the library opening
For example: If the library closes at 5pm and opens at 9am the next day, you may borrow Reserve items overnight from 3pm onwards and return it before 10am.