Answered By: Patricia Farnan Last Updated: Sep 11, 2017 Views: 1360
Printer/copiers are located in the Library, as well as other areas of the University such as some computer labs. When you send a print job from any University computer, or via the MyND Portal, it can be collected by signing into any of the University's printers which have been designated for student use.
To print from a University computer:
- Print the file from your computer by clicking "file" and "print" (select printer properties for colour and double sided options)
- Make sure the printer you are sending the file to is labeled as student printing (if you do not have this option ask staff for help)
- Send the file to print
- Sign into a student printer by swiping your student card on the SafeCom box located on the printer, tapping the print icon on the printer touch screen, and entering your four digit PIN code. If you do not have a PIN code, library staff can issue you one. If you do not have your student card with you, sign in by tapping the print icon on the printer touch screen and entering your student number and the same password you use to log onto the University computer system
- Any print jobs you have sent to the printer should be displayed in a list. Select the jobs you want to print and tap "print", or alternatively you can tap "print all" to print the complete list of jobs
Please note: if you do not collect a print job within 24 hours it will be deleted from the print server, and you will need to send it to the printer again if still required.
- Sign into a student printer by swiping your student card on the SafeCom box located on the printer, tapping the photocopy icon on the printer touch screen, and entering your four digit PIN code
- Place the item to be copied on the glass plate, or in the top loader of the printer
- Use the touch screen to adjust any settings as required
- Hit the green button to start copying