How do I reference a website article, both in-text and in the reference list/bibliography, when it doesn't give the author or the date of publication?
How you reference a webpage that does not include an author or year of publication will depend on the referencing style used:
- APA style is the standard used by most Schools in the University
- Chicago Footnotes is preferred by Philosophy & Theology and some Arts & Science disciplines
- AGLC3 is specific to Law.
Some things to consider regarding authors and dates (depending on the resource and the style):
- The publisher of the entire website may be taken as the author of a particular page or article - this may be an organisation
- The date you accessed the website might be relevant.
Please refer to the University Referencing Guide for details.