What are Reference items?
Reference items are materials that can be browsed or used within the library only. Often you will find dictionaries, encyclopaedias, bibliographies, yearbooks, handbooks, etc., in the Library's Reference collection.
Reference items in the Library Catalogue have the following features:
1. Available Copies = 0 - this means that although there is at least one item on the shelves, it is not for loan and so is not technically "available" for you to borrow
2. Collection = Reference - the item is part of the Reference collection
3. Item Type = Not for Loan - reiterating that the item is not able to be loaned
4. Call No. = this will usually begin with an R, denoting the Reference collection.
5. Status = Not for Loan - another reminder that the item is not for loan