Skip to Questions
University of Notre Dame Australia Homepage University Library Homepage Image Map

AskUs - You've got questions, we've got answers!

Useful Tip: Start typing the question using natural language, or type the keywords that you are interested in.

What copyright licences does the University hold?

Last Updated: Mar 23, 2016  |  96 Views
Topics: Copyright

Was this helpful? 0   0


The University holds two statutory copyright licences to facilitate the copying of copyright material for students for teaching purposes.

These licences effectively exempt the University and its current staff and students from certain obligations under the Copyright Act but do so in specific ways.

The licences are:

  • The CAL Licence - this is administered by the Copyright Agency Limited, and covers the copying and communication of literary, dramatic, and artistic works, in both print and digital formats. This licence relates to Part VB of the Copyright Act 1968.
  • The Screenrights Licence - this covers the copying and communication of content recorded from television (this includes free-to-air, satellite, and cable) and radio broadcasts. Broadcasts recorded under the Screenrights licence may be played in lectures or tutorials. This licence relates to Part VA of the Copyright Act 1968.



Please view the Copyright Guide on the University Library website for more information about the above topic as well as other areas of Copyright.

Answered by Alison GowersBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Need help? AskUs!

    Browse by Popular Topics

    View All Topics