How do I request to borrow an item that's currently out on loan to someone else?
To request an item, it must meet the following criteria:
- A copy of the item must be held on the same campus that you are enrolled at
- Currently checked out (on loan)
- Standard loan item only (you cannot request Reserve or short term loan items)
- If there are others copies available, you may be unable to perform the request or your request will be deleted by Library staff
- Search for a library item in Summon
- Hover the mouse over the item and click Request item from the menu that appears on the right hand side of the screen
- Enter your Barcode or Student ID exactly as it appears on your Student/Staff ID card and click Login to complete the request
The current borrower will be given seven days to return the item. When the item is available for you to collect, you will be informed via an email to your student/staff email address and the item will remain on hold for three days.