What is an 'index' or 'bibliographic database'?
An index or bibliographic database provides information about journals, reports or newspaper articles, such as:
- A citations (e.g., title, author, journal title, publisher, date of publication)
- An abstract (summary of what the article is about).
These databases help you locate articles but do not provide full text, i.e. you will not be able to read the article itself. You will need to check the University Library's holdings to see if the journal is held electronically or in print. You can do so by:
- Clicking on the 'Find full text' or similar link in the bibliographic database's interface
- Searching Summon for the article
- Use our eJournal-eBook Title Search facility
- Browing our list of eJournal databases and drilling down to the journal and article you require.
Please contact the library if you require assistance locating articles.