Wifi (wireless) is connected but I am unable to browse internet. What should I do?
Previously, proxy setting was required to browse internet, but this function is no longer required. If you have problem browsing internet while connecting UNDA WiFi, please make sure that your proxy setting is "Automaticlly Detect Proxy".
<Internet Explorer (IE)>
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click gear icon (right top corner of the browser)
- Click “internet options”.
- A new window will appear. On this new windows go to the connections tab and enter the LAN settings section.
- A new window will appear. On this window, please check the "Automatically detect settings" and uncheck any other checkboxes.
- Refresh your browser by keystroking (F5) or click the "Refresh" icon on the Internet Explorer task bar.
1. Click “Customise and Control” Button (right top corner of browser)
2. Click “Setting”
3. Click “Show advanced settings”
4. Click "Change Proxy settings” under Network
5. Internet Option Window will open
6. Click Connection Tab
7. Click LAN Settings
8. Tick the "Automatically detect settings" and uncheck any other checkboxes
9. Close all browser and tab, and click “Refresh” icon .
1. Open Firefox
2. Open the Network setting tools by clicking on, Tools -> Options -> Advanced Tab -> Network Sub Tab -> Settings.
3. Select "Auto-Detect Proxy Setting for this network", then click OK.
4 Click OK
If you require further assistance, please contact IT Support.
reviewed / updated: 25/7/2016