How can I configure Wifi (Wireless) Settings on OSX (Macbook/Macbook Air)?
Please read the below before configuring your devices for WiFi (Wireless).
The University of Notre Dame Australia uses an encrypted wireless Network, to ensure that all Information passing through the wireless is protected.
To access the wireless network you must have an active staff or student username and password. Access to the wireless is granted under the same policies as accessing the wired network.
The following connection to the UNDA-WIFI has been tested on a Mac Book Pro running OSX 10.7.5.
If you are running any other version of device or IOS, the descriptions may be different.
1. Click on the Airpot icon and select UNDA-WiFi
2. The Wi-Fi network, will prompt you to enter your University username (student number) and password.
3. Click “Join” and you will be asked to verify a certificate. Accept this by selecting continue. If your computer is password protected, you may have to type this in.
4. From the Airport icon , select Open Network Preferences.
5. In the network preference menu, select the gear symbol and choose Set Service Order
6. After this selection, drag the Wi-Fi to the top of the ordered list and click on apply. Please refer to the screen shot below, that shows how your network list look like before and after this change
Before Setting Order
After Setting Order
7. Click double arrows and click + to add a new location, then click ”done”. Name the new location UNDA-WiFi. Now you have created and added a new network.
8. Click Advanced and choose Proxies.
9. Click Auto Proxy Discovery.
10. Click on OK and you have successfully joined the UNDA-WiFi.
11. When you are off campus and would like to use the different WiFi network (eg Home Wifi Connection), please choose network connection that you would like to use from the list of available connections. The UNDA WiFi configiuration will block to use the other WiFi network.
If you require further assistance, please contact IT Services.