How can I create and manage rules on WebMail?
Rules help reduce manually filing or taking the same action when a similar message arrives. Unlike Quick Steps, rules typically are always on and run automatically. For example, when a message is received from a specified person, it’s automatically moved to the folder that you designate.
1. Click Setting icon
2. Click “Options”
3. Click “Inbox Rules”
4. Click Add icon ( next to pen icon)
5. Add the name of your “Rule”
6. Select a condition from dropdown lists
7. If you would like to add more conditions, click “Add Condition”
8. Select an action from dropdown lists
9. If you would like to add more actions, click “Add Action”
10. Click “Add Exception” and select your desired Exception from dropdown lists.
11. If you would like to add more exceptions, click “Add Exception”
12. Click “OK”
· “Stop Processing more Rules” is selected by default.
This option to stop processing more rules is turned on.
With this option on, when a message comes in that meets the criteria for more than one rule, only the first rule will be applied. Without this setting, all rules that the message meets the criteria for are applied.
- Each rule you create will take up space in a hidden section of your mailbox. This section is limited to 64 KB. If your rules exceed the limit, please follow the below steps
- Delete rules you no longer need.
- Shorten the names of your rules.
- Combine one or more rules that do the same thing.
- Remove criteria from rules.
More information is available at MS office 365 site.
Reviewed / Updated on 8/8/2016